Guernsey / Salary: Depending on experience / Department: Information Technology / Hours: Monday to Friday - 35 hours per week
Apply for this job
Are you a talented Developer? If so, we need you to join our vibrant technology department in Guernsey.
First Central Group provides personal lines insurance to the UK market, specialising in motor cover for private individuals. The group is privately owned with subsidiary companies located across Guernsey, Gibraltar and the UK, including an in-house re-insurer.
Due to the group’s continued expansion, we’re seeking additional software developers to join our offices.
In the 24/7 world in which we operate, our software is crucial to supporting the group’s financial objectives. In your role as a Developer, you’ll work with our team of business analysts, project managers and architects, to contribute to the support and strategic growth of our core applications.
You'll apply your development skills to assist in the development and support of our systems in line with the business requirements, working in a fast-paced, agile development arena.
The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise and knowledge of Microsoft .net technologies, and have a complete understanding of a service-based approach to technology, including component, service-oriented and event driven architectures. You'll have a proven track record of working within a high performing team of developers.
- Provide First Central Group with technical expertise in developing the group’s core software applications
What we’re looking for:
- Develop technical capabilities to drive the group core applications forward as directed by the Development Manager
- Provide technical expertise into the Service Delivery function that supports the group core applications
- Mentor a team of developers in delivering technical solutions through the common approach, ensuring that the necessary resource and skills are available
- Support relationships with the other areas of IT to ensure that the development team works in harmony with the other Change and IT functions.
- Work with the Chief Architect to ensure solutions support the architectural direction of 1ST CENTRAL technology
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements by understanding the business priorities, the technical capability and the strategies of both the business and technology
- Design and produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable IT to manage new components and processes
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to the organisations technology architecture
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Knowledge & skills
- Good experience of enterprise service-oriented development
- Understanding of development and development management techniques
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft .net development
- Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to development
- Expertise in .net development, including popular frameworks
- Reasonable leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Complete understanding of a service-based approach to technology, including component, service-oriented and event driven architectures
- Commercially focused and results driven
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strive to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
If you’re interested in this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter to:
Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org or Hayley Phillips, HR Manager, First Central Group, Park Court, 17 Park Street, St Peter Port, GY1 1EE
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings