Guernsey / Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience / Department: Information Technology / Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Apply for this job
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Developer to join our Technology Products team in Guernsey.
You’ll be responsible for contributing to the development and support of the group’s core application portfolio and will provide technical expertise in developing the group’s core software applications.
- Develop technical capabilities to forward core applications as directed by the Development Manager
- Provide technical expertise to the Service Delivery function that support core applications
- Mentor a team of developers in delivering technical solutions through the common approach
- Support relationships with the other areas of IT to ensure that the development team works in harmony with the other change and IT functions
Qualifications & experience required
- Work with the Chief Architect to ensure the Solutions team supports the architectural direction of the company
- Work to the agreed prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements by understanding the business priorities, the technical capability and the strategies of both the business and technology
- Design and produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable IT to manage new components and processes
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to the organisation's technology architecture
Skills & knowledge
- Strong experience of enterprise service-oriented development
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of Microsoft .NET development
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Platform and Services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Complete understanding of a service-based approach to technology, including component, service-oriented and event-driven architectures
- Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to development
- Expertise in .NET development, including popular frameworks
If you’re a strong team player, self-motivated and someone that strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business, then we’d love to hear from you.
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, private medical cover, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings