Haywards Heath / Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 / Department: Finance & Business Modelling / Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm
Apply for this job
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Company Accountant to join our Finance & Business Modelling team in Haywards Heath.
We’re looking for someone to be a
key figure in the day-to-day running of the accountancy department. You’ll be responsible for preparing the monthly management accounts across the group, ensuring high integrity of information and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
You’ll be required to manage the purchase and sales ledger process, ensuring all suppliers and customers are paid within payment terms.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in the required format and structure
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of all month-end journals
- Inter-company reconciliation
- Transfer pricing
- Expense analysis
- Posting of daily cashbook transaction
- Cashbook reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Completion of monthly review notes
- Invoicing third party referral income
- Preparation of aggregator costs and manage the deferred aggregator model
- Completion of all technical payment schedules and monthly settlements
- Monthly/yearly audit file preparation for year-end accounts
- Preparation of PSA analysis
- Assist the Company Accountant with ONS forms and VAT return
Qualifications & experience required
- Dealing with all queries received into the finance inbox
- Posting of purchase ledger invoices, staff expenses and credit card expenses
- Ensuring all invoices are authorised in accordance with the Delegation of Authority policy
- Processing weekly payment runs, ensuring all suppliers are paid within payment terms
- Process company credit card applications
- Preparation of monthly company credit card reconciliation
- Preparation of weekly/monthly creditor report
- Assisting in the preparation of payment reporting regulations submission
- AAT qualified, preferably studying early stages of CIMA or ACCA
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Company Accountant is essential
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this sounds like your next role and a company you’d like to work for, what’re you waiting for? Apply today!
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings