Haywards Heath / Salary: £24,000 / Department: Corporate Governance / Hours: Monday to Friday 9am- 5pm
Apply for this job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Group Legal Associate to join our Corporate Governance department.
The successful candidate will be either located in Haywards Heath and you will support the General Counsel in the smooth day-to-day running of the legal function. Travel to other companies within the Group may occasionally be required as part of the role.
Main job responsibilities:
• To assist General Counsel in the taking of meeting notes as may from time to time be required.
• To be primarily responsible for the maintenance of the Group’s Contracts Register, Intellectual Property and day to day transaction records.
• Support General Counsel in the drafting of the ”Legal Bulletin” and advice notes to the Group and its subsidiary companies.
• Conducting legal research and providing advice in simple legal matters as and when required.
• Maintain the Legal Calendar and the Legal Issues Register.
• Assist in reviewing and drafting contracts.
• Assist in drafting insurance policy wordings for motor and ancillary policies.
• Assist in drafting company policies and procedures.
This job might be for you if…
• You have experience of working in a administration role
• You are a graduate (preferably in law) or part qualified Chartered Legal Executive or equivalent
• You have knowledge of legal and/or corporate governance processes.
• You're be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
• You have great organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
What can we do for you?
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role - please apply today. Feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team for further information.