Haywards Heath / Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 depending on experience / Department: Technology Services / Hours: Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
Apply for this job
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We’re in need of a front-end Web Developer to join our Digital team within the Commercial & Marketing department.
Working alongside our 25+ strong development team, you’ll be an integral member of the team based in Haywards Heath.
You’ll contribute to the development and support of the group’s public facing suite of websites, as well as provide First Central with technical expertise in developing the group’s web-based software applications.
- Develop new web and mobile-based features to forward the group web applications
- Work collaboratively with our Commercial team and UX/UI designer and provide them with technical consultancy
- Work to the requirements for development by understanding the business priorities, the technical capability and the strategies of both the business and technology
- Work with a team of developers to deliver technical solutions through the standard agile development approach
Experience & knowledge:
- Work with the Head of Architecture and their team to ensure solutions support the architectural direction of First Central technology
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements (speed, scalability etc) to the organisation’s technology architecture
- Provide technical expertise for the service delivery function that supports the group web applications
- Support relationships with the other areas of technology to ensure that the Development team works in harmony with the other change and technology functions
- Design and produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable technology to manage new components andprocesses
- Understanding and experience of asynchronous request handling and AJAX
- Understanding and experience using CMS platforms would be beneficial (ideally Wordpress and Kentico)
- Proficient understanding of source control tooling, preferably Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Developing web pages from approved UX/UI designs and content (working closely with our internal UI designer and UX specialist)
- Coding for Mobile First
- Create and maintain / code for A/B and MVT Tools
- Knowledge of web standards and experience of using validation tools
- Knowledge of A/B testing tools (specifically Optimizely) CMS and Tag Management Tools
Skills & behaviours:
- Strong understanding and experience of Microsoft .NET, specifically C# utilising MVC patterns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time-management and organisation skills
What can we do for you?
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter & team player
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Employee benefit packages
to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holidays, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. Along with this, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role – please apply today. Feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team for further information.
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings