Salford Quays / Salary: From £19,000 to £25,000 (depending on experience) / Department: Claims / Hours: Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm, Saturdays 8am - 4pm (35 hours per week)
Apply for this job
Are you looking for a career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We’re on the lookout to expand our Motor Claims team in Exchange Quay, Salford.
If you are a strong Claims guru looking for a new challenge in the Motor Insurance industry. We’d like to hear from you today!
As a Claims Negotiator, you’ll be required to take claims telephone calls from customers, asking appropriate questions in order to obtain the necessary information, and log all the required details on the system, for new and existing claims. We’ll provide full training for the role which will be delivered by our own in-house Learning and Development team.
Knowledge & experience
Proactively record, process and settle claims in accordance with our principles and procedures and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers all relevant third party representatives
Skills & behaviours
- At least two years experience in a customer service role
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Complaint resolution is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills is a plus
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Performing basic assessment of liability
- Managing enquiries regarding existing claims
- File management of customer claims including making total loss payments is desirable but not essential
- Good liability knowledge
- Understanding of the end-to-end customer claims process
- Understanding of FCA requirements (including Treating Customers Fairly)
- Understanding of engineers reports and vehicle valuations
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, please apply now!
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings