Salford Quays / Salary: £38,000 to £48,000 (depending on experience) / Department: Tech Services / Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours, 9-5
Apply for this job
We’re looking for a talented Data Developer to join our vibrant technology department in our Salford Quays office.
We are looking for outstanding and enthusiastic individuals who will push the boundaries and develop brilliant solutions to contribute and help shape our future. We expect candidates to have energy and passion to deliver using a whole range of technologies and have a solid understanding of data principles. We also expect candidates to take ownership and lead projects where required and have a flexible approach and positive attitude.
The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise and knowledge of Microsoft SQL and will have a proven track record of working within a high performing team of developers.
As Database developer you are responsible for managing and providing support to all aspects of our SQL database infrastructure. As part of the Data as a Service (DaaS) team you’ll work closely with colleagues to design, install, update, troubleshoot and repair systems and software.
Your responsibilities will involve working with millions of records and analysing business needs. You will be delivering fresh and fast performing intelligent data to business users. You will be utilising MS-SQL 2012, 2016 and above. We use Enterprise and Standard editions with further exposure to Azure and many of the best software like Quest Spotlight and Redgate tools.
What can we do for you?
- Highly proficient with MS-SQL and T-SQL tools
- Highly proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or above
- Highly proficient with Microsoft SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience with backups, restores, disaster recovery and resolving issues
- Experience managing data security
- Experience setting up monitoring and alerting to maintain the health of the estate
- Ability to work towards strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, data management skills
- Experience resolving issues and debugging code
- Solid experience tuning and optimising, queries and stored procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Tools like Quest Spotlight, IDERA, SQL Sentry and Redgate SQL tools
- AlwaysOn high availability, mirroring and replication
- Table partitioning
- Data warehousing knowledge & experience with MS Business Intelligence tools
- Server Management
- RAID configuration
- Networking Knowledge
- Data governance
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with XML data
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- Team foundation Server (TFS)
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Employee benefit packages
to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holiday, health cash plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this sounds like your next role and a company you’d like to work for, what’re you waiting for? Apply today!
Apply for this job
< Back to vacancy listings