10 things you didn't know about us
10 years ago today we sold our first car insurance policy!
Since starting out in 2008 with just 60 employees, we’ve gone from strength to strength. Now, 10 years later, the brands which make up First Central Insurance & Technology Group have more than 700 employees who work in one of our six locations across Europe. Together we provide our customers with a simple experience so that they can get on with what matters.
And to help celebrate, we thought we’d share 10 facts about us that you might not already know.
- With over 700 employees we’re bound to have a few people with the same first name. In fact, we have 15 people called Thomas! Employees with the same surname are slightly less common, with 9 Smiths working for us.
- If you combined the ages of everyone who works here, we’d be a whopping 25,750 years old.
- Of our original 60 employees who started here 10 years ago we still have 9 who were with us at launch.
- We’re one big family. And on that note, we should probably reveal that we’ve got 9 married couples who met here and a whopping 12 First Central babies!
- We love celebrating, so this year we introduced a new benefit that sees our employees get a day off for their birthday. We’re just glad that the 7 people born on 18th July aren’t all in the same department.
- We’re proud to say that we have over 16 different nationalities working here; including people from Brazil, America and New Zealand.
- We’ve been nominated for awards a whopping 63 times, with 30 wins, including Employer of the Year 9 times!
- We’re all about helping our employees develop themselves. That’s why we’ve helped 245 of them gain further qualifications and have seen an impressive 325 internal promotions!
- We’re continuously improving and are pleased to say that we’re selling a policy every 43 seconds!
- We’ve thrown 10 fantastic anniversary parties featuring some great acts, including Craig David, Professor Green, Nick Grimshaw, Russell Kane & Katherine Ryan.